Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hitokui Papaya



Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's looking for a frozen entree that cost about $2 that I could have for lunch today, in order to keep up my total lunch tab under $50 for the first half of the month.

I found this Green Papaya Salad in the frozen food section (frozen salad?), and decided to give it a try. It's okay, especially on a warm day like today when I wasn't up for a hot meal. The salad and dressing are in separate frozen packets that need to be "defrosted" (not cooked) in the microwave for a few minutes. Which worked okay, but it came out a bit liquidy. I think it would've been better if I'd ignored the instructions, and cooked my salad until it was warm..

June 15
Ate: Green Papaya Salad from Trader Joe's
Cost: $1.99
Remaining Budget: $50.03

No comments: