Monday, December 1, 2008

Depressed Christmas

The first track on my 2008/09 holiday mix is Culturcide's "Depressed Christmas", which was the b-side of their Christmas classic "Santa Claus Was My Lover".

It's not as inspired as that song, but just as weird, with sad lyrics spoken over an instrumental version of "White Christmas". "I'm having a depressed Christmas, just like the one I had last year. Where treetops glisten, as I listen, to the last Christmas song I'll ever hear". It goes in a similar vein for the entire duration of the instrumental "WC", but I only included the first 45 seconds on my mix.

The entire "song" is downloadable from WFMU's "Beware of the Blog", if this link is still active. But 45 seconds is more than enough to get the gist of the song.

Culturcide - Depressed Christmas ( from WFMU)

No comments: