Friday, June 3, 2011

Tres De Asada



Friday is my regular "burrito day", so I was ready to head to Chipotle, which was the next restaurant on my list. It's kind of silly to eat chain Mexican food in a town full of authentic taquerias, but Chipotle is just downstairs from where I work, so it's a nice "rainy day" restaurant.

The line at Chipotle was out the door (even at 11:45), so I headed across the street to Los Compadres Taco Truck, which I wasn't supposed to visit until next Friday. There are four lunchtime taco trucks in the area, but I think Comadres is the best (and cheapest) option. You can get three soft tacos for $5, which keeps me right at magic five dollar lunch. The cheapest burrito at Chipotle is $6.30.

My standard Compadres order is either three carne asada or three carnitas tacos, and today was asada day. "Tres de Asada, por favor". Delicioso!

June 3:
Ordered:3 Carne Asada Tacos from Los Compadres
Cost: $5.00
Remaining: $82.27

No comments: