Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Straight Outta Lynwood

I've been searching for another musical artist to explore in the month of April, and think I've settled on one. It's someone who's been around as long as Robyn Hitchcock (his first self-released record came out in 1979) but hasn't been nearly as prolific. Someone who's been renowned and respected for his musical vision, as well as his fantastic hair, even though many of his early recordings are out of print. A native of this great state of California and one of my personal heroes.

It's Alfred Matthew Yankovic, better known as "Weird Al".



Al's parodies rarely invoke libation for ongoing online literary serials, but his discography seems to be the right length for rediscovery.

1 comment:

The Modesto Kid said...

Excellent -- I have not followed Weird Al since my freshman year of college, roughly 1987. It will be nice to catch back up with him.