Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bracketball break

Today's the Ides of March, so I'm now halfway through my month of Robyn Hitchcock, chronologically speaking. Probably more than halfway as far as albums go, because he hasn't been quite as prolific in the second half of his career.

Anyway, 1992 was another year that Robyn Hitchcock didn't release anything (other than the Soft Boys Ryko reissues, of albums already discussed), so I can take a much-needed day off and post my NCAA tournament bracket.

I haven't been following college basketball at all this year, because my alma mater had a down year, and ended up in something called the collegeinsider.com tournament, which is apparently even lower than the CBI (where they played last year).

Since I'm flying blind and had fairly good luck "picking chalk" last year (four #1 seeds that all made it to the final four), I decided to do almost the same thing this year. Three #1 seeds and a #2.

Here are my tournament picks for 2009.

Final Four: North Carolina, Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh
Finals: Pittsburgh, North Carolina
Champion: Pittsburgh

You heard it here first!

1 comment:

Steve said...

""President Obama has chosen Louisville, North Carolina, Memphis and Pittsburgh in his Final Four bracket."

Great minds, etc..