Sunday, March 30, 2008

I got a basketball Jones



After picking all four of the final four teams in the NCAA Championship (it was all four top seeds but still!), my bracket is now in the 85% bracket on ESPN. It's a combination of picking favorites in a year when favorites did well and not knowing enough about college basketball to be tempted by underdogs.

Picking the final four correctly combined with my alma mater making the finals in the CBI (a best-of three series against our former MVC rivals Tulsa) made this a good week for me to start following college basketball. Maybe there's something to that sport after all?

1 comment:

2fs said...

I'd have picked all four too except for my sentimental choice to pick Wisconsin. Of course, the "realistic" choice would have been to have them lose to Kansas...but thanks to Davidson, that didn't happen either. I pretty much followed your advice, though...and as a result, I may stand to win a neat little sum in our office pool. I owe you a beer or two next time I see you.