Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Watching the shows go by



I was recently hipped to iConcertCal, which is an extremely clever iTunes plug in that scans your music library and provides you with a personalized calendar of upcoming album releases and local shows by artists in your iTunes library.

These days I don't keep up with upcoming shows like I used to, so it's nice to have a calendar of artists that are coming to town. I found out that Jonathan Richman and the Rubinoos are playing at the Great American Music Hall on December 6th. What a double bill? Hopefully they'll play some songs together.

Tomorrow night at the GAMH, Elvis Costello is playing two shows with Clover (the Bay Area band that backed him up thirty years ago on My Aim Is True), performing songs from that album as a benefit for Austin de Lone's son. I found out about that show when it popped up on iConcertCal, which was before the fact but well after the $100 tickets were sold out for both shows. That would be fun to see, but I'm not sure it would be a hundred bucks worth of good, even if it is a worthy cause.

Aimee Mann is playing another set of Christmas shows at Bimbo's on December 2nd and 3rd. maybe she'll invite Scott Miller as a "special guest" again this year?

1 comment:

Sue T. said...

Very cool plug-in, although somehow I doubt that the "Chris Brown" playing at Oakland Arena on Dec. 29 is the Chris Brown in my iTunes playlist.