Saturday, July 14, 2007

Radio Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Live Aid was 22 years ago yesterday. I was in the UK when the concerts happened, and still remember this performance by Queen. Can you imagine these guys ever playing small clubs?


The title of the new Spoon album made me think of this song, which is a song I haven't thought about for the last 22 years. After a couple of listens, I like it more than Gimme Fiction, but it probably won't eclipse Girls Can Tell, which is Spoon's Night At The Opera.

I just found out that Spoon is playing tonight with Rogue Wave at the Cafe du Nord. That's a lot smaller than the places they usually play, and sounds like something that would've already sold out in ten minutes, but tickets are only available at the door, so it isn't sold out yet. I still don't know if I want to brave going all the way to the du Nord, because the show probably will sell out about ten minutes after the doors open, and Spoon isn't that great as a live band.

1 comment:

Sue T. said...

It's 1:50 PM as I write this, and I suspect people are already lined up for the Spoon gig.