Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Living With the Lightning

Touch and Go has just added another mp3 from Ted Leo's upcoming album Living With The Living. The new mp3, "Bomb.Repeat.Bomb" is another wild rocker just like "Sons of Cain" (which was previously posted at the label and pitchfork). Judging from these two songs and the titles of the others, this is Ted's angry political album.

I downloaded "Sons Of Cain" a few weeks ago, and the riff sounded eerily familiar like I'd heard it somewhere before. Yesterday I realized it sounds a little like "Remember The Lightning" by 20/20. Here are both songs for a 2fs side-by-side comparison. Any excuse to kick it with some old school power pop!

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Sons of Cain
20/20 - Remember The Lightning

I bought tickets for Ted Leo's upcoming show at the GAMH in a couple of weeks without realizing it was a S.F. Noise Pop show with three opening acts: Georgie James, So Many Dynamos, Pony Come Lately. That might be a late one. After last weekend's auto adventure, I'm still not going to drive to the show, so hopefully the 8pm show will wrap up by midnight before the BART stops running. By the way, I now have a new $200 car window, just in time for tomorrow's rainstorm.

1 comment:

2fs said...

Do I do that? Man, I can't even remember what it is I do... Thanks for the link and the mention, though!
(Warning: this post may include oxkhzp.)