Friday, December 2, 2011

The Bell That Couldn't Jingle

The first song on my Xmas comp is something I've been wanting to include for awhile.



Last year I was listening to "Holiday Jangle" by the Found Sound Orchestra, and thought the sample sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. It was from this song, which I have on that LP displayed above (A&M's Something Festive -- possibly the only song on this year's mix that I own on physical media) but hadn't heard in ages. I added the FSO intro to my version, which is why the levels are so weird.

"Bell That Couldn't Jingle" was a mini-standard during that period in the mid-60s when every album was mandated by law to have at least one Bacharach/David (this is actually a Bacharach/Kusik song). The version on my Spotify playlist is by Herb Alpert, because they don't have Burt's version, probably because it isn't even on CD.

No comments: