Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so



I'm revising an old blogging theme during the month of June. I've been working in downtown S.F. for the past year and have been eating lunch at the same few places, so I'm going to try to eat lunch at a different place every weekday this month, and keep my monthly lunch expenses to $100, or roughly $5/day for 20 days.

Five dollar lunches are hard to find in the financial district, so I might need to bring lunch from home a couple of days each week to save money, but I'm going to try to get my monthly lunch tab under $100. I'm also going to try to eat in alphabetical order, starting with A places and working my way to Z.

I couldn't think of any A restaurants in the area, so my first lunch was a chicken vindaloo lunchbox from Bindi Restaurant & Wine Bar. Wednesday is usually "curry day" for me, and Bindi is in my regular rotation. It's a regular sit-down Indian restaurant with a lunch buffet, but there's also an area at the back that sells $5 lunch boxes to go (cash-only, no tax).

After the first day, I've spent exactly $5, leaving me with a budget of $95 for the rest of the month.

June 1:
Ordered: Chicken Vindaloo Lunchbox from Bindi
Cost: $5.00
Remaining: $95.00

1 comment:

Janet ID said...

Love this theme! Please post reviews of your lunches. :-)