Thursday, October 14, 2010

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Joy Division



I looked for a copy of this song for about five years before I finally found one! It was in semi-regular rotation on our student station during the early 80s, and was one of my favorite songs, but it wasn't on either Joy Division album, and I couldn't find copies of the single (even in the UK), so I ended up recording it off the air.

That was my copy of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" until I bought it on a Peel Sessions ep in 1987 then on the Substance compilation in 1988. Spending five years to find a copy of a song doesn't really register when you can find anything in five minutes on the internet, but it gives you a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when you finally have your own copy of something you've been seeking for so long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took me about that long to get a copy of Bevis Frond's "Animal Tracks" in the Internet age