Monday, June 1, 2009

Crashing Into June

I haven't been on a daily blogging routine for the last few months (even though I'm a regular Cal Ripken compared to some of my current and former blogfriends), but still get monthly NaBloPoMo mails about their monthly blogging themes.

Their theme for June is HEROES.



My first choice was this obvious one, but my main challenge with covering Bowie is that I only own about half his recorded output, and don't know the first thing about 80s/90s albums like Never Let Me Down or Tin Machine (I & II).

Ziggy rules. That's most of what I know about Bowie. So I decided on another artist. One of my music heroes, and someone I was destined to cover one month or other, just based on the title of this blog.



I'm counting around a dozen albums, plus a few EPs and most recently a live album and a collaboration with Anton Barbeau. His output includes two or three of my most favorite albums ever, eight or nine others that I like just fine, and two or three that I don't really like. I'll be covering them one at a time, starting this week with ARLN and Painted Windows.