Scott Miller calls 1992 "the quintessential bad nineties year ... the year music listeners decided once and for all to settle for crap".
1992 wasn't a great musical year, but I can't dismiss offhand any year that produced a song like this one (co-written by Mark Everett and Parthenon Huxley).
Five more good songs from that "bad nineties" year.
1. Ballad Of Peter Pumpkinhead - XTC
2. Dyslexic Heart - Paul Westerberg
3. If I Can't Change Your Mind - Sugar
4. Friday, I'm In Love - The Cure
5. Upside Down - Yo La Tengo