Saturday, August 2, 2008

We all came out to Montreux

As in Montreux Golf & Country Club, the site of this week's Legends Reno-Tahoe Open on the PGA tour.



My dad is volunteering at the tournament this week and had me helping him out. Montreux CC is a beautiful setting in the hills over Reno, NV near the Lake Tahoe shoreline. I'm always tempted to start singing "Smoke On The Water" whenever I go there, which is tough, because I only know about three or four lines in the entire song (if singing the famous riff doesn't count!).

The Reno-Tahoe Open doesn't draw many big names (Michelle Wie got a special exemption but didn't make the cut), but even second-tier professional golfers can put on a show. I saw someone hit a 400+ yard drive on the 8th hole today. I can't remember who it was, but it's impressive to watch someone hit a golf ball 400 yards.

The NaBloPoMo theme for August is "hot" which is appropriate since Reno is really hot in the Summer. The temperatures today were well above 90, even in the shade, even though it is a dry heat, with emphasis on "dry". I was chain drinking bottles of water all day and still had trouble staying hydrated. My blog motto for August is "door to door in the August heat", which comes from a Loud Family song.. but you all knew that!

No comments: