Monday, June 30, 2008

More posts about buildings and food

The NaBloPoMo monthly theme for July is "food", which I can probably follow a lot better than June's theme of "home". I ended up missing one day of blogging in June, but should be able to blog every day in July, especially if I can talk about food. Look for daily updates of what I have for lunch every day throughout the month of July!



I think Flasshe has still been keeping up with daily posting for going on eight months now. I didn't reply to his abnormal culinary meme from last week because I could only think of one weird food habit that I have, which is that I tend to have eat the same foods on the same days of the week. Monday night has been "pizza night" for as long as I can remember, sometimes homemade, sometimes takeout, but almost always pizza on Monday. It goes back to watching Monday Night Football, but I do it all year, and don't even watch MNF anymore.

In today's "Music - What Happened?", Scott Miller explores music from 1967. I'm all over that year, as you might expect, and compiled a mix of some of his '67 songs. Nice to see Scott including "Waterloo Sunset" and something from the Beach Boys' Smiley Smile. I also agree that The Velvet Underground & Nico is a wee-bit overrated, but I still like it. 

Another blogging theme I've thought of for this Summer is to review all 24 Beach Boys studio albums between 1962 and 1980 (like I did for R.E.M. in March). I do own all the Capitol and Brother two-fers, but if I did something like that, I'm pretty sure my readership would be down to zero by the time I got to M.I.U. and L.A., and there would be quite a few two word reviews toward the end.

No comments: