Friday, May 2, 2008

Three Minute Heroes



I've decided to keep updating my muxtape each week with whatever theme tackles my fancy.

This week is dedicated to the three minute pop song.

Here are ten songs from my collection that are exactly 3:00 long, which for some reason that adds up to a total time of 29:59, so there's a missing second somewhere!

Ten Three Minute Songs (10 songs, 29:59?)
  1. The Dukes Of Stratosphear - Vanishing Girl (3:00)
  2. The Electric Prunes - Too Much To Dream (3:00)
  3. Fountains of Wayne - Hackensack (3:00)
  4. Game Theory - I Turned Her Away (3:00)
  5. Let's Active - Blue Line (3:00)
  6. The Magnetic Fields - California Girls (3:00)
  7. The Move - I Can Hear the Grass Grow (3:00)
  8. Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl (3:00)
  9. Robyn Hitchcock - The Man Who Invented Himself (3:00)
  10. Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know (3:00)

The Magnetic Fields track is a stay-on from last week, but the others are freshly added. There's another 3:00 song on Distortion ("Too Drunk To Dream", which I thought would fit with the Electric Prunes track), but that would have required removing one track and adding another one, and "California Girls" fits the mix's pseudo-theme (songs by, about, and for girls) better.

1 comment:

2fs said...

Rounding, Steve - rounding.