Sunday, March 2, 2008

Acceleration Countdown

R.E.M.'s new album Accelerate comes out on April Fool's Day, so I've decided to spend this month of March listening to their thirteen previous studio albums and writing my thoughts about them here.

Thirteen albums (not counting compilations) in 31 days comes out to one album per 2.38 days which gives me enough time to blog about other things, and more importantly, to clear my palette with other music between listening to R.E.M. albums. I'll probably listen to them on CD (either at home or in the car) to avoid skewing my last.fm stats.

Matthew (fluxblog) Perpetua has been intermittently writing about every one of their songs in his Pop Songs 07/08 blog, and Ninety Nights has been counting down to Accelerate with one short video per day for the 90 days from 01.01.08 thru 04.01.08, so I'm trying to join the fun.

With that in mind, I've changed my blog heading to (what might be) a lyric from an early R.E.M. song. Just preparting to start my R.E.M. immersion.

No comments: