Thursday, February 14, 2008

We belong together like pitchers and catchers

Who reported yesterday and today


Our pennant hopes around here are somewhere betweeen "low" and "nonexistent", but I'm still looking forward to the windup and the pitch and the crack of the bat, and the joys of garlic fries washed down with Gordon Biersch Marzen.

This is the first year since my re-introduction to baseball after my four year post-strike layoff (1995-1998) that I have absolutely no expecations for the local nine. The A's could go 62-100 this year, but I'll still enjoy those 62 wins at least 60% as much as I enjoyed their 103 wins in 2002. Their roster isn't going to strike fear into anyone, and looks a little lefty heavy, so they'll be especially vulnerable to left-handed pitching.

The joys of rebuilding from scratch!

No comments: