Thursday, December 20, 2007

The twentieth day of Hot Roxmas

When I originally plotted my course for the days of Hot Roxmas, I had this week slated for "holiday songs by people I know": Doubtful Palace followed by Regular Einstein followed by. Shakin' Stevens, who I don't actually know, even though I'm sure he's a pretty nice guy.

Now back to "songs by people I know". Shaky Steve's position in the sequence was originally supposed to include a spare solo version of "Silver Bells" that Bradley Skaught recorded many years ago, and I included 1997 Christmas mix. I didn't get the artistic clearance to repost that recording here in time for yesterday, but Bradley offered to record a new version, and sent it out late last night, just in time for the 20th day of Hot Roxmas.

Here's B's new and improved "Silver Bells (2007)", a wonderful song that is sadly underexposed as Christmas songs go. This version features his wife on backing vocals, so it's kind of like the retake of "It Gives Me Chills" from Game Theory's Distortion of Glory cd (or the What If It Works? version of "Total Mass Destruction". I think that's more apt!).

Many thanks to Bradley for another "song on demand". All I want for 2008 is a new Bye Bye Blackbirds album. And maybe another BBBs show with Scott Miller -- the B&G wedding show at the Plough was my favorite concert of 2007. By far!



Bradley Skaught - Silver Bells (2007)

1 comment:

2fs said...

Awesome! A new Bradley song!

Steve, you have to put your formidable powers to work on You Know Who...