Thursday, December 13, 2007

The thirteenth day of Hot Roxmas


I was thinking of posting "On The Thirteenth Day" by the Monochrome Set for the thirteenth day of Hot Roxmas, since it's both numerically and alphabetically appropriate, plus I was able to pass it off as a Christmas song last year on my 2006 "Snowflake Schema" mix, but I decided to go with another holiday song on request from the old days.


Shortly after I put out a general call for original Christmas songs in late 1999, Mr. Pathetic sent me a URL to an mp of "You're All I Want For Christmas". My first thought upon receiving it (after "this is pretty cool") is "how the hell do I get this mp3 on my mix tape?". I was aware of mp3s back then, and knew how to play them on the computer, but didn't have a clue how to transfer them from computer to auxiliary audio. I didn't have a CD burner, so the only option was to plug a line out into the speaker jack and try to record it that way. Whatever I tried didn't work, so I think I ended up asking Mr. P for a CD-R or tape of the song. Just a reminder of how far technology has progressed over the last eight years. Nowadays mp3s are second nature to everyone -- even my dad knows what to do with them!

Here is that same mp3 that Mr. Pathetic sent out eight years ago, transferred from my old computer to my current one, but still as pristine as it ever was. A very cool song that I'm pleased to share with everyone. Puffball spores exploding on a bed of burning wreaths.


Mr. Pathetic - You're All I Want For Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love this song.