Sunday, September 30, 2007

Touching All Bases

A few weeks ago, if I would've guessed which members of my extended blogroll would still have local horses in the MLB playoffs, I would've never guessed that Flasshe's Rockies would still be alive while Jestaplero's Mets and 2f's Brewers were dead. The 2007 Mets will go down with the 1964 Phillies and 1969 Cubs (who lost to the Mets) as all-time collapse leaders.

In the S.F. Bay Area, both local teams were eliminated long ago, so it's hard to keep interested in the pennant races. I've really only been following the A's since 1999, so I've never known a year where the team was out of the race. Until now. It's kind of nice to get a one year reprieve from pennant races, but I don't want to make a habit of it, so hopefully the Athletics will be back in the race next year.


Currently, I like Cleveland in the AL playoffs (against three of my least favorite teams) and the Cubs in the NL (mostly so their fans will finally shut up), but in short I'll take anyone but the Yankees or Angels (AL) against who cares (NL).

I'll heading away for the next week and a half, so updates may be a bit less timely, but I will have my laptop, and my camera, and a USB cable to link them, so maybe updates will be as timely as usual, just more remote.

No comments: