Saturday, September 15, 2007

Roll On

Today I saw my first big time college football game at UC Berkeley. Not my first game, just my first game since Cal became a powerhouse a few years ago.



The last time I saw the Bears at Memorial Stadium, they were on their way to a 1-10 season and there were less than 30 thousand people in the stands for a game against Oregon State. Today the attendance was twice that many for an early season non-conference game against Louisiana Tech that Cal eaked out 42-12.

Back in 2001, the cheapest Cal ticket was $10, and now those same tickets were $30. That's what happens when your team is #8 in the country. The turning point in this game was the opening kickoff that Lavelle Hawkins ran back for a TD. After that, everythig else was gravy. Here's how the touchdown looked from the 30 dollar "cheap" seats.

No comments: