Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Multiplexed

Last month I won five free Cinemark theatre movie tickets from work for answering a film trivia question (imagine that!), and there are a bunch of Cinemark locations near where I live and where I work, but the passes are only valid for movies that are more than two weeks old, and it seems like they're all showing the same movies this summer.

The main batch are the sequels and three-quels (Oceans Thirteen, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Shrek The Third, Spider Man 3, 28 Weeks Later). I used my first pass for Spiderman 3 a few weeks ago (suck-o-rama, and I liked the first two), and am not that interested in seeing the others. I haven't even seen most of the parts two of these movies.

The next batch are so-called "chick flicks" like Knocked Up and Waitress. I liked Judd Apatow's last film, 40-Year Old Virgin, so I'd like to see Knocked Up, and it opened on June 1st, so my passes are good starting this weekend . I've also discovered that Cinemark passes are also good at CinéArts theatres, so I could go see Once which is getting good reviews from people on my own blogroll. Once also gets the metacritic edge over Knocked Up (89 to 85), so I think that's the one I'll see first.

It's probably not big surprise to my readers that I'm not as up on the movies as I am on other things, so I'm open to suggestions for other movies to see. I'm open to anything more than two weeks old that's playing at a Cinemark cinema, at least until I use up all my free tickets!

1 comment:

Sue T. said...

Michael Moore's SICKO is opening in a couple weeks, so you could go see that in, oh, mid-July.