Monday, May 28, 2007

The Benicia Whalers

Oh you trawlermen, come on
Forget your snapper and your prawn
For it's out of Benicia we'll sail
Searching for the humpback whale

I don't know why those two wayward whales, Delta and Dawn, had to choose Memorial Day to linger by the Benicia Bridge. They really messed up the holiday traffic for those of us who were just trying to get across the bridge and go home! I didn't get to see the whales, but I saw lots of whale watchers who were watching them. Just sitting in traffic watching the whale watchers watch the whales.

3 comments:

Janet ID said...

A rare Bulgy the Whale sighting! I just came across a little Bulgy appreciation page while Google-aided-reminiscing: http://www.freewebs.com/bulgythewhale/index.htm

Steve said...

I couldn't find any good photos of the Delta whales, and that photo was one of the top results in an image search for Bulgy the Whale.

I figured my blog readership was low enough that the photographer wouldn't mind my borrowing the picture.

Janet ID said...

The photographer is honored. And the model will sure be tickled when he finds out about this latest moment of fame.