Sunday, January 21, 2007

Just Here To Do The Super Bowl Shuffle


My NFL interest is at such an all-time low, when I heard Indy was finally headed to the Super Bowl, I thought maybe the NFL had hired the Shins to play the halftime show!

I didn't think I'd be able to use that line a few hours ago when the Colts were down 21-3. The second half, with Indy rallying to come back 38-34, made this AFC Championship the best professional football game of 2007.

The last time da Bears made the Super Bowl, I was attending college in Illinois, and was swept up in the Chicago Bearmania, much to the chagrin of my Packer-lovin' relatives in Wisconsin.
Anyway, I remember Super Bowl XX (46-10 ) vividly, and if that's all the Bears and Patriots can offer, I'm relieved they're not doing a sequel 21 years later. An I65 Bears-Colts showdown seems a lot more promising.

This year, da Bears aren't as impressive as they were in 1985-86, but they've still lost only two games all year. If they win the Super Bowl this year, Rex Grossman can unseat Trent Dilfer as the worst QB ever to win a Super Bowl. Da Colts look really impressive though, and congratulations to Peyton Manning for no longer being the worst QB to never make it to the big one.

Let the super hype begin!

No comments: