Sunday, January 28, 2007

Australia Day Hangover

When I said earlier that "Friday on My Mind" was the only Easybeats song I had on CD, I forgot that I have "Gonna Have a Good Time Tonight" on Rhino's More Nuggets Vol. 2 CD. Which is a great compilation, with lots of the second attempts-at-hits by 60s one hit wonders.

The Easybeats - "Gonna Have A Good Time Tonight" [MP3]
(this should be a music player)
GoodTime.mp3


If this works, I should also be able to embed this youtube footage of the 'beats performing "Good Time" on Beat Club in 1968.



In 1987, "Good Time" had dueling cover versions by Jimmy Barnes w/Inxs (on the Lost Boys soundtrack) and the Hindu Love Gods (the R.E.M./Warren Zevon "supergroup") just for fun.

Someone I know just blogged about the new You Am I CD that Miles mentioned. I noticed that earlier this week. You Am I's meat & potatoes (meat pie & chips?) rock & roll might be back in vogue now that the Hold Steady are topping critics' polls. My emusic downloads were supposed to refresh on January 28th (today), but haven't yet. As soon as they do, Convicts will be the first thing I grab.

Meanwhile, to make up for not including You Am I on my Australia Day playlist, here are both sides of their 1993 debut single linked from other places on the internet. "Berlin Chair" b/w "I Can't Explain". The flip side was the debut single for another band.

1 comment:

2fs said...

That "Berlin Chair" link seems to have an extra character in it. This one worked for me: