Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The fifth day of Hot Roxmas

There are two versions of "Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas", a full band version by the eels and a solo version by E. This is the latter, which is also the former, chronologically speaking. I think it's appropriate that the entry for the letter E should be a man called E singing a song that starts with the letter E.

"Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas" has always been one of my favorite holiday songs, and also one of my favorite E/eels songs. I like the reassurance and hopefulness: yes, last Christmas did suck eggs, but everything's gonna be cool this Christmas! And the final verse is nothing short of inspiring, getting right to the crux of what's most important this time of year.

As days go by the more we need friends
And the harder they are to find
If I could have a friend like you all my life
Well I guess I'd be doin' just fine


E - Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas

No comments: